- Nutrition is the most fundamental form of medicine. Eating an optimal diet helps to prevent a wide variety of diseases, including diabetes, cancer and cardiovascular disease. Specific foods which may otherwise be considered “healthy” can also cause problems for people with sensitivities to those foods. Naturopathic Doctors are trained extensively in optimal nutrition, with an emphasis on nutrition for specific health conditions, such as irritable bowel syndrome, Chron’s disease, ulcerative colitis, diabetes and cancer. Read more on nutrition.
- Herbal medicine is an ancient system of medicine which has been used by many civilizations throughout history, including the ancient Egyptians and Chinese. Recent research has also helped to support the classic uses of herbs in the treatment of a variety of conditions, including migraines, nausea, anxiety and many more. Naturopathic Doctors are trained extensively in the practical application of herbal medicines and in recognizing possible herb/drug interactions which have the potential of causing harm. Read more on herbal medicine.
- Acupuncture is an ancient treatment method which has developed as an integral component of Traditonal Chinese Medicine over 2000 years ago. Acupuncture can be used to treat many health conditions effectively, including migraines, tension headaches, back pain, frozen shoulder, plantar fasciits and it also aides in quitting smoking and weight loss. Dr. MacLeod utilizes both Traditional Chinese Medicine and trigger point release styles of acupuncture to best treat his patients. Read more on acupuncture.
- Homeopathy is a system of medicine which follows the law of similars: a substance, which in large amounts causes a disease state, can cure a similar disease in small amounts. Homeopathic Remedies are formulated from animal, plant or mineral sources which have been highly diluted. Homeopathy’s non-toxic nature makes it a safe method of treatment for children, the elderly and in cases where other more aggressive treatments are being used, due to its lack of interaction with other medicines.
- Intravenous (IV) nutrient treatments are a powerful method of treatment for many health conditions. Specific nutrients administered through IV stimulate the immune system and help to fight off infectious conditions such as mono, shingles or Epstein-Barr Virus. IV nutrients can also help with difficulty recovering from a cold, flu or bacterial infection. IV Vitamin C has been studied extensively as a cancer treatment and has been shown to reduce cancerous tumor size and improve quality of life.
|Intravenous Vitmamin C||$100-140|